Saturday, June 17, 2006

Come One, Come All, to the Circus MacBoudica


Wow!

A quiet night at home. The hubz is working his second job. It will be bedtime in T minus twenty minutes. As naked-bottomed toddlers (because of the ongoing potty-training saga) frolicked through the house, I fantasized about posting, writing, on some deep, meaningful, and yet undetermined topic.

Then my old friend stopped bye. With her four kids. That's right, right before bedtime! How exciting is that! Seven children in small enclosed space=par-tae! Eighty-Eight Fingers was soon revved up enough he could have started a jet plane. The Fellers followed closely in his footsteps. Instantaneously, this small house was a flurry of shrieking, screeching children dashing from one end to the other in a blur of primary colors. Madness, chaos--these words do not even come close to describing this visit.

So, if you are looking for intellectual stimulation, please move on. However, if you want a ranting madwoman, you have come to the right place. My circuits are fried, baby, fried.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miguelita said...

She has four kids and stopped by right before bedtime? Doesn't that violate some kind of Mommy code?

This makes me grateful that my kids. so far, can go from 60 to zero in about 10 seconds, with the aid of Mr. Pacifier. I hope you got them to sleep before midnight...

19 June, 2006 07:30  
Blogger macboudica said...

I cut her some slack. She is a single mom, always super busy, especially now that she is getting ready to move. She met a military guy, fell in love and now she is moving to Virginia. She is my oldest friend. I hardly see her now because she lives in a different city, and will probably see her practically never when she moves. So, at this point, I guess I will take even inconvenient visits.

Pacifiers, ahhh. I remember those days. We made our boys give them up cold turkey at about 13 months. It was a scary experience at the time, but they got over it fairly quickly and now it has been really nice ever since not to live in constant pacifier loss paranoia.

19 June, 2006 08:25  
Blogger shade said...

Wow and I go crazy from only two:) Sorry haven't commented in a while been busy with well everything lol....

19 June, 2006 19:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home