Monday, August 28, 2006

Eighty-Eight takes center stage

We hosted a party for my Mother-in-law's birthday yesterday. My sister-in-law brought her eight-month-old nephew. She carried him to our backyard in his car seat and placed him down in the middle of the circle of relatives who had already gathered. The stage was set for Eighty-Eight Fingers to come over and investigate because, to that boy, nothing goes unnoticed, unpoked, or unprodded, including eight-month-old baby in a car seat.

First EEF leaned into the car seat to get in the poor boy’s face to talk to him. Then he rubbed his head a little. Boompas saw his brother messing with the cool new toy and came over for some of his own leaning over the baby and head rubbing. EEF, filled with all the wisdom of an energetic almost five-year-old, told his little brother, "Be gentle with him otherwise you will make him cry like you!" That set the gathered relatives to guffawing. It was very cute, but that statement was only Act I of the EEF Show.


Soon Boompas' short attention span kicked in and he tired of the new baby, leaving EEF alone with the baby in his car seat. It did not take EEF long to start rocking the car seat and fiddling with the handle, trying to figure the whole system out. After almost tipping the car seat almost all the way over and spilling the baby face first into the dirt (almost!), EEF queried the crowd, "Hey, how do you work him?"


Let me tell you, it is very difficult to scold the boy for almost dumping the baby face first in the dirt while laughing hysterically.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I can totally picture it.

28 August, 2006 09:14  
Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Hahahah! Clever thing!

My Human Crash Test Dummy is my "ready for my close up" kid. She will spontaneously amuse total strangers in the WalMart with her antics.

-Blue

28 August, 2006 13:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww then

ohhhh....

how many times have i had to bite back the laughter and hurry the cookie monster to her room and fast so i can come back in the living room to laugh my bottom of then go back to tell her why she is getting grounded...

28 August, 2006 17:31  
Blogger Miguelita said...

Beautiful! I love a good kid performance.

EEF and my 6 year old nephew would be quite a team. He once fell off his bike and mid-cry announced "I fell off my bike but I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to geico!"

29 August, 2006 07:56  
Blogger Sharpie said...

If he finds an answer to that - I want to know what it is....

29 August, 2006 19:13  
Blogger Cristina said...

"Hey, how do you work him?" Classic.

Ah, babies. They make wonderful playthings don't they!

31 August, 2006 23:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home